On Sunday your dad and I brought out the home doppler that I bought a few weeks ago (I was a little excited) and were finally ready to give it a shot. We're far enough along now that we should be able to hear your little heart; we heard it loud and clear! The doppler read 173 bpm which is strong and healthy. I wanted to call your grandma so she could hear it, but you must have wiggled and danced away! We'll try again this weekend.
As I slowly tell more people I feel like you aren't your daddy's and my little secret anymore. Soon this blog will be posted for all to read and everyone can write to you and tell you how much they love you (yes,already - you are easy to love!). I know as more people hear about you the more they will be worried about me, but I just want to stay focused on you. I can finally see how easy it could be to put one's own needs on the back burner. I have been very selfish up to this point, besides your daddy and our pets, I didn't need to take care of much else besides my needs. Now I take care of you and that is far more important than anything else.
You've been getting your vitamins, but I need to give you more food! The problem is - nothing sounds good and I get full so fast :( Your daddy tries his best, but right now I am just not interested in food. You've been developing pretty much on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ice cream, and string cheese. I'll try to do better, but you need to make food more appealing to me!
I had lots of blood drawn yesterday to make sure everything is okay. The tests are routine, don't worry. I just wasn't in the mood for it because I've had the WORST sore throat the past few days. I can take Tylenol but thats it. And I don't rally want to put medicine in my system when you are still so little. So.. I have been sucking on jolly ranchers all day. No wonder you are moving around so much in there!! I've also had your dad make me hot water with honey and lemon. That helped a little, but yesterday you didn't like the taste and up it came.... ahhh poppyseed..what to do with you? :)
Here is the week's update - you're peeing in there! Now this may be a silly question, but where does it go? Do I pee it out for you? You will also start pooping in the next few days - what about that? This whole thing is amazing and I am completely in awe of us. We're in this together, baby, you and me. Oh yeah, and daddy:) Oh and your grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and all of our friends that will love you and spoil you like crazy!
We have a lot of support, Poppy. We are lucky to have them, never forget that. Family is everything.
love, mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment