Dear Poppyseed,
I have been thinking about you before you even existed. Ever since the day I saw those 2 beautiful lines (and 2 pluses, and one digital "pregnant" sign - I took 5 tests to be "sure") I have been talking to you. You can't hear me yet because your ears haven't developed yet. In fact, you aren't even a poppyseed anymore - you have grown into a beautiful raspberry! Other books have compared you to a kidney bean but I like raspberry much better! I worry about you every day. Any symptom or lack of symptom I immediately fear the worst. I hope you don't take after my worry wart habit :( I will work on it, okay?
Even though you can't hear me I hope you can feel my love around you. I hope you sense the hope and spirit I have within me for you. You make me cry at the silliest things, but I enjoy feeling - because of you! I am so much more aware of the things around me and I can't wait to re-visit the world through your eyes. Only 33 more weeks, Poppyseed..oops, I mean raspberry! I have to admit that Poppyseed has grown on me :) When I first found out I was pregnant with you I ran to the computer to find out what was going on with us (you and me)! You were the size of a poppyseed and though you were so small you already had a big place in my heart. You dad was very emotional when I told him about you. He loves to make sure I'm getting all the nutrients necessary for you to grow. he says he can't wait for me to show so he can feel like you are real. But I know you are real already. I dream about you and my pregnancy every single night! I sleep A LOT, by the way, and I eat plenty but not too much because I get full so fast.
So far my body has been going through some changes, but you have been good to me and I haven't had severe morning sickness. I get a little ill if I haven't eaten in a long time but that is it! Thank you for being so good for mommy already. Ahh... I called myself "Mommy!" I can't wait until I can hear you say it! But for now I will have to wait just to see you! Thankfully that is just a few days away!
I gave this to your grandparents in a frame to let them know you were coming!
I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have a face to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.
But all of that will change come June -
That’s when they say I'm due
I have a lot of growing still,
But I will meet you soon.
Love,
Poppyseed


No comments:
Post a Comment