Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Monday, June 21, 2010

Your Dad

Let me tell you about your dad. I wish I could find the perfect words to describe the type of daddy he is. He is so much more than "loving" or "engaged". He completely worships the little person he created. He lights up when you scream and crawl as fast as you can across the floor when he gets home. As your mom, I get to witness the pure joy he feels when you reach for him.

Your dad is a natural dad. Like he was made just to for you - to be your dad - and guide you and love you. He has these instincts that kicked into full gear the day you were born. He has PERFECTED the burrito wrap. He could cradle you into his elbow in such a way that you'd be fast asleep before I could shut off the light. And now - NOW - he tossles your hair and rubs your head as if to say, "OK, son, let's get going" and you just know what he's thinking and you get on all fours and look at him to see which direction you should go. And I am so lucky that you will be looking to him for that direction because your dad is a good guy. He has a good heart. He loves wholly and apologizes when he's wrong. He works hard and is a lot of fun to play with. Raising you with your dad makes me happy because we model love for you. The love we share together and for you, our friends, and family will make you a confident person. You will feel secure and safe. I wanted to be a mom my whole life and your dad makes it that much sweeter.

So even though your dad doesn't write much, he has a lot to say. He coins phrases such as "a case of the nins" and "bird face" and "baking cheesecake". He sweetly calls you "Oboe" and "Bud". He tells your stories and asks you questions. He says, "I love you" everyday. I can't wait to hear you say it back to him, but for now, I know he feels it.

love, mom

No comments: