Every night I peak in on you (once, twice, maybe three times) and cover your chubby legs with your Grandma Beth blanket. I rub your back, your cheek, and hold your hand for a moment. I want so desperately to crawl inside of that crib with you and cuddle!!! When we were in Chicago you were unsure of your surroundings and HATED to be left alone in your pack n play. Usually daddy and I can be pretty firm and allow you to cry until you accept defeat and lie down. But this time my mommy instincts told me two things #1 Leaving my son to cry in a place that he doesnt know, all by himself, with no understanding, is not fair and #2 THIS IS MY TIME TO CUDDLE!!!
Your 23 lb body rolled, crawled, and hopped between Daddy and me before you found the perfect spot. Sometimes in was on top of the covers and between my legs, or under the covers and sharing the pillow with daddy, or (my favorite) scooted up next to me, curved in the perfect "C" so my big "C" could spoon you up :) Besides the constant moving, it was as sweet and warm and loving and safe and "Ahhhhhh" as I imagined it to be. We also nursed twice, Saturday being the last time and I still wonder...is that it?
My next post will be some pictures of you nursing as a "remembrance" of our journey. I am missing it today.
love you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment