Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Friday, June 4, 2010

Wanted: more Kisses

It is hard not nursing you in the morning. I pumped this morning while you munched away on homemade waffles. I guess I thought that when I quit nursing that it wouldnt hurt so bad - physically or emotionally. But remember when I told you that you have a special way to make people just feel GOOD? After you finished up from breakfast, daddy brought you upstairs to me and you gave me the BEST hug ever. The kind of hug with warm, soft, chubby arms wrapping around my neck and squeezing oh so tight that every inch of my sadness was replaced with total and complete serenity. I swear, when you hugged me, every muscle of my body relaxed and my heart sighed, "aahhh". Your blonde fluffy head nuzzled into my shoulder and I looked at your dad and said. "Oh, this is the best." And just then you picked up your head and turned toward my face and gave me the BEST kiss ever.

How do you know, Owen? How do you know just the right time to nuzzle your blonde fluff head into my bare shoulder? Can you feel it? Do we still have that same connection outside this world that we had when we were one - when my body was your ground and sky? I think so. I think God planned it that way. I never TRULY knew how good He was til I had you. I am so lucky to belong to you.

love, mom

No comments: