Summer is in full swing and because I have you all to myself all day, every day, I have neglected your blog. But I rather have a neglected blog than a neglected boy!!
You still have about 6 unopened presents sitting in the living room as we have been opening a new gift every couple of days so you won't get bored with them so quickly. I know that there will never be a time (ever again) that a gift of yours will be out for you to see and remain unopened.
We have been going to the pool EVERY week day. We usually start in the kiddie pool where you climb in and out of the pool over and over and over. You throw pebbles and sticks and monkey walk across the cement so you don't hurt your knees (you walk about 7 steps on your own now). You love walking in the pool too, but then we head over to the BIG pool. There, you sit on the edge and start rocking, even before I start singing "I'm a little duckie, yes siree, I jump in on 1, 2, 3!!!" Lately you have been thrusting yourself into the pool as soon as I start singing so I have to watch you VERY carefully. Your newest pool friend was Kennedy,1 yr old, a little blonde girl that thought you were soooo cute. You were more interested in the ball that her brother and daddy were throwing around...and that is OK with me :) I'm the only girl you need! Anyway, on Thursday I watched you, my toddler, play around the pool showing no concern for me or the fun things I was trying to get you to do. And just when I thought I lost my baby forever, you got tired. I lifted you to me and covered us up in a fluffy beach towel. With the sun on my face and your cold, wet, head on my chest, we cuddled up on the lounge chair and closed our eyes for a bit. We nodded off while all the big kids yelled "Marco" and "Polo" and escaped the parents' chatter about sports camps and fall physicals. The summer is sweet, Owen, and so are you.
love, mom
p.s thanks for giving kisses again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment