Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy 1 week birthday!

The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us what Heaven's kingdom is like." He said to them, "It's like a mustard seed, the smallest of all seeds, but when it falls on prepared soil, it produces a large plant and becomes a shelter for birds of the sky."

– Thomas 20

Your Uncle Brett looked this up for me after I told him about the sermon from a few weeks ago. And now, as we celebrate your 1 week birthday, I think about what a small seed your were, and with a good home and family, what a strong, caring boy you will become in each passing day.

The last 7 days have been the best of my life. The 3 of us have become quite a team! We have learned a lot about one another and I feel like I have known you forever. I cannot express how much I love you. Just looking at you brings tears to my eyes. I have wanted you so badly. Please know that I have dreamt of you ever since I was a young girl - I always wanted a baby of my own. And here you are!

Your daddy is incredible. He is so loving and careful with you. He has taken good care of me as I heal and he always makes sure we are happy. At the hospital he wore 2 different "dad" shirts and he just beamed. He is so proud of you!

We have had lots of visitors and our friends and family have been incredibly generous with their gifts, cards, food, and phone calls to check in. Everyone thinks you are perfect and we agree, of course!

As I write this you are slowly waking up from a short sleep. Your big blue eyes are looking at me as you yawn and scrunch up your nose. I love you. I don't know what else to say besides THANK YOU and THANK GOD for YOU. My life holds more meaning, our marriage has found more love somehow, our family has more laughter, and the world is truly a better place with you in it.

I can't sit here any longer without holding you...

love,
the luckiest mom ever

p.s. Your dad loved his Father's Day card - you picked out a great one :)







4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Well thanks for making me cry Jen. Seriously, how sweet!! What a beautiful precious little boy you have.

Christina said...

Oh my gosh! He is perfect! I love that blonde hair!

Heather said...

he's so precious!!!

apt said...

That last photo is precious. Many congratulations to you and your new family!