Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Appt. Today

You are measuring at 9.5 lbs - a BIG boy! Though the weight can be off, they took some measurements of your shoulders and belly to see if I could physically get you out on my own. My doctor will use these measurements and an internal exam to assess the situation. Tomorrow my regular doctor should check me and see if you engaged in my pelvis. I have 2 options. If you are already engaged then I can opt for a "trial" labor meaning I can try to have you vaginally but I may do all that work for nothing and have to get a C section OR she may just set up a C section without giving me a shot at doing it myself - again - depending on your position (like, can your big ol' head even get engaged in my pelvis). So... the good news is that everything looks great - heart, kidneys, you are practice breathing, and umbilical cord/placenta are doing their jobs but the not as good news is that I might have to have a c section. I know its not the end of the world, but surgery is surgery!

We could see your hair floating around - there is quite a bit! You also have big fat cheeks and a nice little nose :) So far, all signs are pointing that you will be a "mini Joe"!

I will do everything I can to make the right decision for you. I just want to see you happy and healthy!

Love, Mom

2 comments:

Christina said...

Oh gosh, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting! Lots of hair! Awesome! Hang in there little one.

Chelsea said...

Jen I'm getting so excited for you!! I can't wait!! GOOD LUCK!