There are a lot of things that nobody tells you when you are about to have a baby. Maybe you will find this post useful when you are grown up and married and expecting your first baby. With that in mind, I will write again about the struggle and joys of nursing and how hard I have worked (oatmeal, water, fenugreek, tea, multiple pumping sessions through lunch and prep hours, late night pumping sessions, etc) to make sure that you get my milk for the first year of your life. I will also write about my own version of sleep training and how proud I was when it worked. Or my fool proof way to wipe your nose (wet cloth and a mini tickle game that reaches to your face). But for now, I will tell you about what is happening this second- every morning, noon, and night.
People don't tell you about the SOLID FOOD stage. What I didn't know was the absolute fear that goes along with EATING. You are now eating crackers, Nilla wafers, peas (no skin), peaches, puffs, pancakes, cheerios, and yogurt. I was afraid to start this stage because of choking. I am still afraid of this stage because of choking. What nobody told me was that you will choke, even when you are ok but just took too big of a bite and cant manipulate it correctly. I see it on your tongue, not near your throat, but somehow you can tell it is too big. And you choke. What is even more amazing is that God made you in a way that you can throw up immediately when an object HAS gotten in your throat. Before I am out of my chair (sheer terror across my face) to help you, you throw it all up. And I am thankful to be covered in puke because it means that we dodged another near death experience. Ok Ok, maybe that sounds dramatic. You are just learning to eat. But no one told me how scary meal time would be :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment