"Let It Be Me" is a song I listened throughout my entire pregnancy with you. Though it is not your typical Mother-Son song, it always reminded me of how badly I wanted to be your Mom. LET IT BE ME means that I desperately wanted you, and thankfully, got YOU.
Whatever happens, Owen, let it be me when you need someone. I promise with all of heart and all of my being that I will do everything I can to support you. I will always be HOME to you.
love, mom
Lyrics to Let It Be Me : (Ray LaMontagne)
There may come a time, a time in everyone's life
where nothin seems to go your way
where nothing seems to turn out right
there may come a time, you just cant seem to find your way
for every door you walk on to, seems like they get slammed in your face
thats when you need someone, someone that you can call.
and when all your faith is gone
feels like you cant go on
let it be me
let it be me
if its a friend that you need
let it be me
let it be me
feels like your always commin on home
pockets full of nothin and you got no cash
no matter where you turn you aint got no place to stand
reach out for something and they slap your hand
now i remember all to well
just how it feels to be all alone
you feel like youd give anything
for just a little place you can call your own
thats when you need someone, someone that you can call
and when all your faith is gone
feels like you cant go on
let it be me
let it be me
if its a friend you need
let it be me
let it be me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am crying reading all of these posts, Owen will love them when he becomes a dad. I miss the little baby days so much, they really do fly. Words can barely express how much our kids mean to us, but you do a wonderful job putting on 'paper'. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment