You dad wrote this on his facebook status "Just put my son in the car with his Mom to go to his first day of daycare. A few tears streamed down my face as I told him to be good and to take his naps when he's supposed to. I made it back inside before I really lost it. There are just so many things that are out of our control now and so many things to worry about.. I don't think I have ever cried that hard."
I read something somewhere about your child being your little heart with legs walking around - its true - I want to make sure you are always okay and happy and safe. Daycare is difficult not just because I miss you but because the daycare place isnt me or your dad. I wrote out "Owen's Tips & Tricks" for Kathy to use for you and she appreciated that. SHe found it funny that you DO need to sleep on your left side to sleep peacefully...hey - who else would know you better than your mom!? You drank two 5 oz bottles and had a stare down with a kid named Travis. Kathy said you were "quick to smile" and was astounded at all you can do - she said that you really are advanced and said she has many kids to compare you to :) You took one 20 minute nap and one 40 minute nap, which isnt that great...I brought you home, nursed you, napped with you, and you are still sleeping - over an hour later!!!! You must be so tired! She said you didn't like all the screams and crying and you would startle and cry too -- hopefully you get used to the craziness because I dont want you crying all the time :( I visited you during lunch just to get some cuddles and then headed back to work. Your dad is working 3 to midnight tonight so he won't see you much and I know he's sad.
I love you Owen and hope God keeps you safe, healthy, and happy. We had lots of people praying for us today and I hope they continue with that. I prayed a lot last night and then as I turned into the daycare's drive way I prayed for courage and strength as tears streamed down my face. I was strong until the moment I left you and cried a bit, then headed to school and focused on what I needed to do. Every day will have to be dealt with hour by hour and I cherish every second I have with you.
love, mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It will get easier. Little Owen is one lucky boy to have such great parents! SO LOVED. I have to admit, I cry at dang near every post on here! Keep up the good work Sadlers. :)
Crystal O'Boyle
Post a Comment