Can you believe its here, Poppyseed? This is the end of the road for us, soon we will finally get to see who has been pushing on us (you from the inside, me from the outside) all this time!
I had a dream last night that I gave birth to you and you came out giggling. You were a big boy! I was trying to feed you, but you just kept giggling away. For some reason I kept calling you my little "Hippo" which sounds pretty cute now :) Don't worry, I am too attached to "Poppyseed" to change it, plus, your REAL name is cuter than "Hippo" as well!
So I received a note today that said you would be opening your eyes in the next couple of days :) I think I will try the "flashlight trick" and see if it makes you move around like they say it will.
On a side note, I had to post soccer try out results today and listen to girls' shrieks and tears. Terrible. I know I'm about to sound like your dad, but this is a life lesson. You will not get everything you want (except when it comes to your grandparents because they will spoil you rotten). You just have to work hard and do your best and know that you did all you could to get to your goal. So what happens if you don't reach that goal after doing all you could? You keep going. You never ever quit. You push yourself, look to others for help, read books, practice more, and find other ways that you hadn't tried before. Obstacles make us great, Poppyseed. They hold us accountable and make us look within ourselves for strength. Your dad and I have had our own obstacles, both together and separately. But we overcame them. We never stopped. And now we have our degrees, our house, our marriage, and almost.,.. YOU. Nothing comes easy. But remember, the work you put into something just makes it even more amazing when you finally get/achieve/find/obtain/earn it.
That's all for now. Love you.
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Great advice!!
Post a Comment