and yes - it needs to be in all caps, baby. I am THANKFUL. I am thankful for the little boy who ran around his grandparents house so much on Thanksgiving that he threw up half of his dinner. I am thankful for the laid back little boy that wore a t shirt and swim shorts the rest of the evening, stayed up almost 3 hours past his bedtime, and was STILL a sweetheart. I am thankful for the family that fed us, loved us, and cleaned up after us. Your Grandma Sadler made the most delicious dinner!!!! It was just as good the 2nd and 3rd day too :) Your Johnson grandparents came to the Sadler house with us and it was so cool to have everyone under one roof! Your Aunt Jess loved you up and your Uncle Brian played ball with you. We had so much fun! I didn't partake in Grandma Beth's homemade pickles or your Grandma Sadler's whiskey slush (recipe was handed down from her mother in law) but everyone thought they were great :) I am thankful for the Black Friday sales and the opportunity for your dad and I to spend our 7th (8th?) year getting up early and braving the crowds together. We never stand in line or rush any store door but we have a blast shopping and dreaming of the upcoming holidays and what they will bring. This year the holidays will bring something extra special - your sister. She will be the best gift you will ever receive, even on days that you don't feel like she is (like when she tattles on you!!).
Your eye looks SO much better - you can barely tell anything happened.
You can say APPLE, THANK YOU, identify any dog or animal that resembles a dog, and GRANDMA.
We were playing with a ball and I asked you to "roll it" - you dropped the ball and started to "roll it" like you do when we play patty cake. Freaking hilarious, I tell you.
I couldn't find my other shoe after you were done playing with them. I asked you to bring me my shoes. You brought me the shoe I could see. Then I said, "Where's the other shoe?" and you walked into your playroom, rummages around, and brought out my second shoe. I was impressed you understood what I was asking you and I was also surprised you remembered where you put it!
Your Granddad, daddy, and I read you BROWN BEAR, BROWN BEAR about 40 times over the last few days. I am not exaggerating. You think the green frog is the best because your granddad made the book/frog "bit" your finger. You laugh and laugh.
You have 2 bottom teeth coming in. You still choose your mom over anyone else. You think picking your nose is your job. You laugh when you toot. You have some terrible tantrums. And you light up my whole life. Every day I love you more, somehow. My heart just seems to grow and grow!
love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment