Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Friday, November 19, 2010

Mr. Sensitive

So I don't know what to make of this comment from your daycare provider. She said you are really sensitive. She said you are quick to upset, even though it lasts for just a moment. I know you are sensitive. I know that when I say NO that your cover your mouth with both hands and cry. Then you walk over to me and hug me to say sorry. Sometimes I'll get a kiss or sometimes a pat on my arm, but you do GENUINELY feel sad about it. Now I am wondering if you are TOO sensitive? I mean, she has seen A LOT of kids your age ... does she see something I don't? I think its GOOD that you are sorry when you play too hard with someone and "hit" them. I think its sweet that when I have a practice contraction (Braxton Hicks) and say OW OW OW that you raise your voice in concern and run over to me. Don't other 17 month old kids do this? I have nothing to compare it to, you know? And you get upset when people wrestle around, but you are the first one to jump on your dad's back to toss and tumble each other around.

I used to sing a Jewel song to your dad that went, "Please be careful with me...I'm sensitive and I'd like to stay that way.." Though I don't see anything wrong with having a sensitive SIDE, I want to make sure you grow thick skin and know how to shrug off comments that are unnecessary and meaningless. I want you to be emotionally strong and have the ability to hold others up when they are down. Maybe this is all too much to think of right now since you haven't even been in the world for quite a year and a half yet.

Mr. Sensitive, you kept me up ALL night cuddling. I think its the teeth that are popping in at your bottom gum. I tried multiple times rocking you and putting you in your crib, but seconds later you would be screaming. Your tired pregnant mom wasn't able to tough it out. I took you to our room (daddy was snoring on the couch downstairs) and put you on the other side of the bed. You started to cry and then moved next to me. All night long I tried to scoot you over but you kept nuzzling in as much as you could. It was warm and sweet, but we are BOTH tired today. Daddy couldnt get you up and as soon as you awoke you looked form me and reached. I guess Mr. Sensitive just needed his mom! I sure hope you are ready to share some of this attention....

love you!!!!!!!!

No comments: