I have been learning so much about who you are. As your personality appears, I take mental notes on who YOU are. For example, this morning your dad said, "We have a sweet little boy". Your Dad's comment came after he dressed you for the day and you crawled over to Ruby and kissed her on the nose. He said Ruby moved her head afterwards so you crawled back over and kissed her nose again! I knew you were sweet when you smiled in your sleep or giggled when I tickled your toes, but now you are doing sweet things on your own - because you want to. Another example of your kindness is when I picked you up from daycare and you hugged on of the other boys goodbye, on your own. Or when you leaned over and snuggled into the doctor when she was listening to your (beautiful, big) heart. She melted. Everyone melts. Because you are SO loving. So free in your affections with no fear of rejection. I hope you will stay this way. I hope you always make people feel special....because YOU are special. I love the way you lean in for hugs or tilt your head for a kiss on the cheek. And I know, I KNOW, there will be many family and friends that will be giving these hugs and kisses to you. My wish for you is that you will ALWAYS be surrounded and supported with love.
You, Owen, are the type of person that people will always be drawn to. Your smile invites people in. Your laugh is addicting. Your sweet touch shows people you are REALLY there with them. And your eyes...oh your eyes... I can see love, faith, sincerity, and PURE goodness. I hope you use this gift to do great work upon the world. The world needs more gentle souls like you.
Love,
Mom
P.S I should also add that when I said NO firmly (for the first time) to you, gentle soul, your lip fell further than I have ever seen and your tears broke my heart. I'm sorry and I'm even sorrier that I will have to say it A LOT :( But it's to keep you safe, ok!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment