





Owen, my love, you are a riot! We have had SO much fun!!! YOu love your swimming class :) Saturday morning we headed to class through rain and hail, so strange! In your class we tried tug boat, floating, kicking, strokes, kangaroo, and we even went under water! You did a great job! You talked most of the time (leave it to the teacher's son) and laughed and laughed. You made 2 new friends your age - Ella and Connahan.
You also stood for the first time by yourself - the shoes helped!
Your top 2 teeth are still half way there and you seem to feel fine.
The pictures you see are from Mother's Day morning. I have NEVER been a morning person, Owen, but when I have THIS to look forward to I have no problem opening my eyes! You make every morning fun and I love that I smile and laugh before my feet hit the ground :) Mother's Day started with cake for breakfast! You gave me diamond earrings and a pink purse! The card was my favorite though! Your daddy gave me new jammers (PJs) and a bracelet. A few hours later we went to brunch with Aunt Jess and Uncle Brian, Grandma and Grandpa. I received a beautiful book and giftcard from Grandma and Grandpa. It was nice to get a "First Mother's Day" card as well - so sweet!!! People can be so thoughtful :) I even got cards from friends and your Aunts on my side of the family. Later in the day your Johnson grandparents came over and we went out to dinner. You showed them how much you loved mushrooms, hamburger, rolls, pickles, tomatoes, and..yes..I could go on! They gave me a beautiful card as well and a book called "Mothering By Heart". Of course Grandma wrote in it and I cried - it just feels so good to read that I am a great mom and that everyone can see how much I love you and how much I love being a Mom -- YOUR mom!!!!!
Though I received nice gifts and the most thoughtful cards I have ever read (!) the best gift, today and always, is you. Thank you for choosing me to be your mom. I am so unbelievably lucky. I feel proud in calling myself a mother because I (we) work very hard to create a safe, loving, and financially stable home. But I am most proud of you - I want to clap for every smile, every basket, cruise, tooth, finished meal - anything and everything - because YOU are YOU and I am excited to cheer you on in life, as your mother.
love,
the luckiest mom ever


1 comment:
Aw!! I'm so jealous he is loving his swim class. Pete screamed the whole time! I suspect J will too. Adorable little boy you have there!
Post a Comment