Everyone loves you, Poppyseed. Tomorrow many of my friends will be celebrating you at our house. I will post lots of pictures on Sunday. Tomorrow is also my birthday. It is my last birthday without you in my arms. I wonder what next year's birthday will be like? All of these events are about love and motherhood.
I have wanted to be a mother my entire life. However, I had to wait for the right time. So while I was waiting, I "mothered" my students. Some days are harder than others. And you will find that some jobs give you no rewards, but you will still have an inner drive to do it.
Today I received a nice handmade card, signed by some of my students that read:
To one of the greatest teachers we've ever had. In our heart you are irreplaceable. We thank God for putting you in our lives.
What a great gift - a gift of love.
I hope you will be thoughtful. I hope others will appreciate you. I have many dreams for you, Poppyseed, but above all I hope for you to be a good person.
love, Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
awww! your students are the best! that must be so rewarding!
what a sweet note!! makes all the hard days worthwhile, huh?
Post a Comment