Painting your pumpkin with you (you hated that you couldnt get the paint off of your hands) and watching your literally SLAP the pumpkin with your blue and green hands
Watching you and your dad run and "tackle" each other in the yard
Washing off the aftermath of your slapping/painting from MY skin
Taking pictures of every sweet moment
The Bad of Fall:
School conferences that take me away from you for 2 days in a row...I can't survive on seeing your for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes after school. It is a tease and I miss you like crazy.
The Good of Fall:
Waking you up when I get home and taking you to bed with me. Even half asleep you snuggle into me and we share the same soft breath all night.
This morning. When you wake up and stare at me until you are fully awake. The first sound of my voice stirs you and I watch you smile behind that pacifier and take a nice, long, stretch.
Tuesday Morning. When daddy couldn't get you out of bed but when I said GOOD MORNING you pushed your face between the slates of your crib, spit out your pacifier, and smiled at me.
If I could bottle up the tender, quiet mornings we share I would take this bottle with me to conferences. I would open it up every time I checked the clock and wondered what you were doing now..or now...or how about now. If I could record the mornings that are full of shrieks and giggles and running in and out of the bathroom or the sight of you pulling up your shirt and rubbing my (closed) deodorant all over yourself, I would take it with me everywhere. No one can have a bad day when they see you trying to be like mom and dad.
So tonight, as I spend another 13 hours at work, and you move from playing with your buddies at daycare to playing and cuddling with Grandma and Papa Sadler (and making their whole day because you are SO amazing!!) I will be watching the clock and missing you. I will be talking to parents about their child's behavior and secretly wishing we could just talk about YOU :) I will close my eyes and remember those hot little feet that kept wiggling all over my legs last night. I will feel better when I re-live the feeling of your sisters pitter-patter kicks as you snuggled more deeply into my torso. You two... already fighting for attention :) I will remember to smile tonight at conferences because we are going to be talking about other people's babies and if they could possibly love their child as much as I love you, I need to dedicate myself to that job too. And to be honest, you are having a blast without me. You are safe and loved and HAPPY. What else could a mom ask for? Enjoy your time with Grandma and Papa again tonight and be ready for our day off tomorrow -- it is going to be full of fun :) xoxoxoxoxoxo
love you

this is a pic of your dad and me a day after we got engaged...this was a little bit over 4 years ago. since i cant upload NEW pics i thought i could atleast add some old ones for you. Doesnt your Aunt Jess, Grandma, and Papa look great!? They love you SO SO SO SOOOOOO much! You were only a thought to all of us back then. How could we have ever imagined you'd be THIS wonderful!!??


No comments:
Post a Comment