There are some days that you know are going to be so good that you rush through your bedtime sleep to get there. Apparently today is suppose to be REAL GOOD because you were up a little earlier than normal. Daddy got up and tried to get you to go back to sleep but you wanted no part of it. SO he brought you to our bed where you snuggled in and laid between us quietly. I inched towards you and watched your eyes stare into the darkness, focused on the ceiling. It was silent. I could hear the suck, suck, suck from your pacifier. Your eyelashes would slowly drop and then open again. I need another bottle to keep this memory alive. Still staring into into the nothingness you crossed your left arm over yourself so you could reach my face (I was resting so comfortably on your shoulder) and stroked my cheek. Heaven. After a few minutes your dad (through all willpower) started to get us moving. He started lightly tickling your leg. You giggled quietly and smiled from behind your pacifier. As daddy played more, we started to get more active and finally woke up for good. He picked you up to get you ready for the day and you screamed. I wanted to scream too. Our morning lovin' is just too good to end so soon!
I dropped you off at daycare with your new haircut and everyone ooo'd and awww'd. You look older, but just as sweet. I hope this day is just as great as you thought it would be.
love, mom
ps Yesterday you said HI and SHOES. We made Halloween cards after dinner and you were covered in blank paint :) You also gave your Auntie Linds a HUGE MMMMMWUA/kiss over the phone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment