We had a long day yesterday trying to stay out of the house for a showing. It was raining and I had lots of errands to get done. It was hard though because Ruby had to run around with us! It was chilly and you were bundled up but I noticed that you were sneezing and had a runny nose. After HOURS of craziness, I got you home and we played with your news sensory balls from Costco. After a bath we got ready for bed and you fell fast asleep. But a few hours later you were groaning and then coughing that awful bark of croup. I tried to sit in the shower with you so the steam could loosen up that junk, but it did work. You were still raspy and I got scared and took you to the ER. You were so sad and so sick. You hated all the people checking you and buried yourself under a blanket and into my chest. Though I was sweaty, hungry, was getting kicked by your sister, and had to use the restroom, I held you tight for 2 hours. You got a steroid drink and some Tylenol. With minutes you were hyper. You were running around the hospital room and laughing. I could hardly believe it. Just moments before the dr. touched your back to listen to your breathing and you started crying so hard you were choking and he left the room so you could calm down. Anyway, we had a foggy, dark ride home and all I could think about is how blessed we are to have a car, health insurance, jobs, and each other. I never had a life worth living until I had you.
I am going to go upstairs and check on you. I hope you get some rest tonight - we only got a few hours between 4 and 8 this morning.
love you!
mom
p.s you kissed my belly for the first time tonight -- you already love your sister ;p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment