As I wait for my laptop to be fixed so I can upload all of our fun pictures, I will tell you about the things that have gone on lately.
You learned to play Patty Cake on your own and yesterday you attempted to "Mark it with a B for baby and me". Daddy was very proud and texted me with the details.
Lately I have been playfully answering your dad as YOU would. Example: Daddy says, "Owen you need to cut the grass" to which I reply, "Can't Dad, I told my girlfriend I would come over after school". And though I find this very humorous your dad sees this as an opportunity to talk to you about responsibility, family time, and teen pregnancy. It is pretty entertaining. Especially when it is 7 o'clock in the morning and your eyes are barely open.
Speaking of which, I walked into your room today singing out usual "Good Morning" song and with your little peepers 90% closed you jumped to your feet and started bouncing and dancing; your 4 teeth jutting through your cheek-to-cheek smile. I can't believe you have taught me to love mornings.
The only part of mornings I do not like is dropping you off at daycare. I didnt write about it last week, but it is still tough to say goodbye to you. You made it especially hard a few days ago when I started to walk out the door and you tried to follow me while beginning to cry. But then I felt better and worse at the same time, when the same day at pick up you ran away from me and started to play with the outside toys. Even when I threatened, "Ok, bye" and walked away you still WAVED GOODBYE TO ME and kept playing. You are still happy and safe without me and I am glad for that.
You stayed home from daycare yesterday to recover and daddy played with you in the morning til noon. I am quite sure he LOVED having you all to himself. Then your Sadler grandparents came over and took you outside for some fun! It sounded like you had a blast, except for the skinned knee part, and wore yourself out. You couldnt wait to go to bed at 7 30!
I can't wait to post pictures of our trip to the Grand Rapids Children's Art Museum!!! That's what we did over Labor Day weekend while daddy had a softball tournament. I can't remember if I told you about it or not. If not, I will tell more when I get the pictures up. I brought some of those pictures to school with me and put them up in my classroom. All the other pics I had up were from April and May -- you are so much bigger now!
Before I sign off I have to tell you how IN LOVE I am with hearing you call me MAMA and MOM. Hearing your little voice from downstairs beckoning me to come play is simply irresistible. Watching you obey the command, "Touch Mommy's nose", "Touch Daddy's nose" is amazing. You know the difference, your know some body parts, and you just GET IT. You are this little person now and I love watching you grow.
Oh and "growing" leads me to ONE more story I can't forget to share! The other night your were rubbing (ok ok, hitting) by belly and I said, "Kiss Mommy's belly - kiss your sister in there" and you did! Oh so sweet! I cant wait to get a picture of THAT!!!!
ok, my babe - next time I wont let your blog go so long!!!
love you!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment