Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Vacation

I have to back track a week here but first I have to say

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I think 2010 will be an amazing year!!! Daddy and I will watch you grow SO big, help out our friends when their babies arrive, and perhaps even start looking for a bigger house for you and a sibling! (no, no news, a future sibling!!)

Last night we went out to dinner with friends and then you went to bed! Daddy and I stayed up and had some mommy-daddy drinks :) We tried to remember the last 7 New Years Eves we had spent together. This one was our favorite and I bet you know why :) You were bright-eyed this morning and ready to take on the new year!

Christmas was so much fun! Christmas Eve we spent time with the Sadler clan and we all were spoiled! You got toys and clothes, but your favorite "gift" was the wrapping paper! Your Aunt Jess bought you your very first ornament! We headed to the 9:00 service at church where your Grandma Beth and Granddad were waiting for us. Your Granddad couldnt get you out of your carseat fast enough (your Grandma Sadler did the same thing at their house!! you are so loved!). A bit later into the service I saw your Granddad was wiping his tears away as he held you. He loves you so much -- he loves your cousins so much! As he gets older he gets a little softer and he is never ashamed of his feelings. Christmas always makes me cry. The miracle of Christmas, baby Jesus, family, and pure love seem to wash away every worry or stress and I am able to embrace, if only for one day, the gift of life.

Christmas Day started when Santa came! Again, you were spoiled :) I was too - someday soon I will be gone getting a massage and a chocolate body wrap! That afternoon we went to Brighton and spent the next day and a half with your Aunt Jenny, Uncle Brett, and your cousins Stella and Sophia. We had a delicious dinner and played some games. You had so much fun you wouldnt go to bed and we were very tired the next day!!!

You are getting into EVERYTHING! I have started putting things away in closets because you will pull, chew, or bite on it! Air fresheners, cords, and candles are all gone. You army crawl just as fast as you can and you seem most attracted to things that are NOT toys.

You are so funny! Your personality is starting to shine :) You make funny faces and try different noises to see our reaction. You will stare at an object and smile as I call your name but you wont look. This cracks you up and you end up giving in - looking over at me and giving me a big shriek!!! You also LOVE peek-a-boo, SO big, and tickles. Your bath is your favorite part of the day and you are sleeping through the night! (We started "sleep training" the day after Christmas) I had put off your 6 month appt. because you came down with thrush (I have it too) but we finally got in on the 30th. So at 6 1/2 months -- you weighed 19lbs 3 oz and you are 27 3/4 inches long. 80% for both. Your head is actually in the 35% so at some point your body caught up to your head! Your dark patch is growing longer and the pediatrician says she might give in and call it a birthmark but she still cant really tell. You showed off all of your skills and she was very impressed. For example, she placed you on your bottom and kept her hands near you in case you fell over...well...you sat there with your hands in your LAP and sat still! haha You also got on all fours and showed her your rocking dance! Maybe your cousin Stella can teach your her donkey kick! Anyway, after 4 shots and some tears the nurse apologized and you smiled. You are quick to forgive and I hope you can teach me some grace!

I love you, Owen. You are my whole life and I can't imagine a year without you in it.

Love, Mom

No comments: