Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Friday, May 22, 2009

The List

I thought I would compose a list of things I hope to never hear again. In fact, if I never heard these things again it would still be too soon. This may also be a guide to Poppy's relatives of things to never say to a pregnant woman :)

1. You're still here? YEP
2. You're still here! YEP
3. Why are you here today? Because I work here
4. Are you sure its not twins? Nope, not sure, maybe they missed a second baby in there this whole time!
5. You've been pregnant forever. YOU are going tell ME that? It has been a long 10 months...but not forever.
6. You look really big today. Thanks?
7. You look too small for 8 months, is everything okay? So am I too big or too small?
8. Are you excited? Seriously? Who in their right mind would say No?
9. Are you scared of labor? (pause) Because it really hurts. WOW. I didnt know it hurts...maybe I should rethink this...
10. My ___________ had a terrible labor....(insert horror story here). Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
11. Aren't you ready to be done? NO! I love being pregnant, it has been a great experience, and I dont want to be "done" until he is fully ready!
12. You look like you are ready to POP. Because my co-workers know this drives me crazy, I hear it even more often. I am not going to POP. I am going to go through a painful labor and have terrible things happen (see # 9 and #10), but I will overcome them. There will be no popping involved. And the visual of this"POPPING" creeps me out!
13. You should sit down. GRRRRRRR. I will sit down when I want to - I am fully capable of doing things. Too many pregnant women try to act like fragile little flowers just so they dont have to do certain things.
14. Was this planned? Nosy, much? I then go into detail about the planning and usually make people uncomfortable :) hehe

and last but not least...

15. Should you be eating/drinking/wearing/feeling/saying/etc that? Probably not. I am trying really hard to mess my child up as much as possible. Reaching above my head and wearing high heels are for the risk takers like me :)


Sorry Poppy, maybe this cold has made Mommy a bit grumpy. I think we will look back on this someday and giggle though :)

**edit** i would also like to add that I am guilty of saying many of these things before I got pregnant and I know everyone MEANS well :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT.. So true. SO true! Don't people THINK before they speak???

Crystal O'Boyle

Christina said...

I love it! Great post.

Khristy Wisson said...

Won't lie to ya, kinda wanna call you and bug you with these now!! hehehe! You should eat free PF Chang's! xoxo

Jennifer D. said...

Isn't it true!!?? The funny thing is as much as I found hating hear these things for nice straight months, I realized I STILL said them to people when the conversation dulled, then I would apologize. lol. You are so cute :) I hope that never gets old!