Hey buddy, it's your Dad. Sorry I haven't written you in a while, but I have been very busy with preperations for your arrival and your future. I have spent the last couple of weeks doing small stuff around the house like organize the storage area, cleaning out your future closet(it was full of your Mom's clothes), and lots of other little stuff. Next your Mother and I are moving on to the big stuff. To be honest it will be me doing and your Mother telling, but that is something you'll figure out in due time. I have also been debating on some investments for the family. This is a crazy time in history and many once very strong corporations have dwindled down to almost nothing and following close behind are the values of their stock. Commodities are also way down right now and because of "the nature of the beast" are sure to rise again whether it been in the short or long term. These strange times have had me racking my brain about whether or not to invest some of our money into these companies and or commodities while they are down. When you buy stock in a company it is called common stock. The problem with buying common stock when a company is way down is the company may decide to file for bankruptcy. IF that happens the common stock is worthless and there is really nothing you can do about it. As a common stock holder you are the low man on the todem pole of investors and money never seems to make it back to you. Right now Ford motor comapany is trading at $3 a share which is the lowest it has ever been and I am thinking about buying it. The problem is they may need to declare bankruptcy to continue operating which would mean Daddy blew it. Oil is also down, but it is tricky to just buy oil. You can buy futures or a miriad of companies that in one way or another buy, sell, or deal with oil. I am also looking into that right now because oil will be back up at some point in time becasue of wars, lack of supply, and or deregulation, but that is a different lesson for a different day.
Your mom and I cuddled this morning for the first time in a long time either because of Ruby or the fact that she can only sleep on her left side. I reached around and put my hand on your Mother's stomach and kept it there for a long time. I began to imagine you holding up your little hand trying to touch mine or trying to snuggle into the warm spot I was creating by keeping my hand there for so long and I couldn't stop smiling. Thanks for getting my Friday off to a great start.
Love You,
Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment