Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Sunday, October 30, 2011

BIG BOY BED



You were excited. I cried. In fact, I'm still sniffling looking at you over the video monitor. Your arms above your head like you are a 15 year old...your pacifier stills says baby but I know it falls out during the night and you dont even miss it because that babyness is fleating too. We still sang GRACE and TWINKLE and we prayed for all of our friends and family. We searched for fish in the sea and found all the animals for the circus. But I didn't cradle you like I have for 28 months of my life. Instead, I crawled into bed with you and loved you up. I rubbed your head as I sang and watched you fight your eyelids. I saw that baby in you, that newborn baby, who I could lull to sleep in seconds by comforting a soft cheek to my chest. You are SO luck you have a baby sister or I wouldn't been able to do this big boy bed thing until you are 20 :)

You said your first BUG full sentence today, "Mommy, I can't reach it" and that was was a hard wake up call as well. Stay little. I love this toddler phase. I can tell you right now that THIS the best time of my whole life.

ZOO GOES BOO with your Brighton cousins was yesterday and we had a blast. Pics to come.

No comments: