Last night after you and Molly took a bath FULL of bubbles, Daddy put your jammies on and let you hang out on the couch with us before you went to bed. We hadn't let you watch Elmo all day because it was just too nice to stay inside so Daddy put it on for you. As you buried yourself under blankets and both of your lovies you asked, "Snuggle me, Mommy?" and I turned into a puddle of mush. I MAY have made you say it one more time because it was THAT cute and then I MAY have made you say it again so Daddy could here. I always ask you if you want to get "Snuggly Buggly" with me and I am amazed that you can ask me now too.
I can't get over how big you are. Every day its something new. I watched you swing on the swing yesterday with your belly over the seat, knees tucked into your chest, and then you flung yourself around - even twisting yourself up and then unraveling quickly! I watch you get yourself dressed, even your shirt with minimal help from me, and strut around the house showing of your independence. I could blog every day about a new trick but to write about the joy and pride your dad and I feel when you do something "grown up" would take me too long. Some day I would like a picture, captured in the moment, of you doing something really cool. But I wouldnt want the focus on you, I would want it of your dad and me because the faces we make at each other over your latest and greatest skills is hilarious. Sometimes its a knowing nod. Other times its an open mouthed "HOLY CRAP! DID YOU SEE THAT!?" But every time its a "We created him and he is the best kid ever" with a side "What did we do to deserve him?" with an extra helping of "We love him more than he could ever know".
Love, mom and dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment