Dear Owen,
In about 15 minutes I will see the clock move and land upon a date that is so dear to my heart. Your birthday. The day you made me a mom. June 15th is first time I looked into those soulful blue eyes. That day, two years ago, is a day I will never forget. But today you told me you loved me and it was almost audible :) Today you ran down the drive way and kept your arms open all the way until you reached me. You exclaimed, "MOM" and wrapped your arms around my neck. This scene isn't all that different than other days but today I noticed that your knees are bony, not chubby. I realized you have a long lean torso and have lost that baby belly. You smiled and showed ALL of your teeth - no more gummy smiles for this mama. You are growing up and I couldn't be more proud of you. You are kind, smart, funny, and so loving.
Tonight we showered, read PAJAMA time, and went to bed. Daddy and I decorated downstairs for you (complete with a "finish line: to break through) and I left balloons in your room for you to wake up to. Tomorrow we are going to the zoo, having family over for dinner and eating cake. I made you a special snack to share with your friends, jello for a surprise snack, and chocolate cake. There's a red Radio Flyer tricycle waiting for you too.
I love you, owen, and I can't wait to celebrate one of my most favorite days of the year.
love, MOM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment