Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Friday, June 3, 2011

CAMPING

We went to family church camp in Reed City Friday - Sunday night. To say you have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE is an understatement. You laughed, you ate, you slurped, you fetched, you rode, you dug, you kicked, you threw (a few tantrums too), you ran, you ran, you rannnnnnnn, you jumped, you painted, and you slept (a little). You spend multiple days with dirt and sticky snack leftovers on your face. Your fingernails were disgusting. The bottoms of your feet were black. You were SO happy.

To watch you, my almost 2 year old, adventure around alone (sort of) was both a frightening exciting and frightening saddening experience. You jumped on tricycles and scooters like you were 10. You wanted to everything on your own and when I tried to helped you'd shoo me away. Like a knife to my heart, Owen. :) I keep reminding myself that this is what all parents want. I want my child to be self-sufficient. I want you to be able to try things by yourself...to have enough confidence to try it without asking for help right away...to challenge people's thinking (even mine)...but...ALREADY? I guess it is time. But I will never ever EVER mind assisting you when I hear you say, "Mommy, help...Mommy....help" in that sweet little voice of yours.

xo

No comments: