Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Friday, February 12, 2010

What Good is a Camera

What good is a camera if it can never capture the moment your little hand grasps my fingers when we cuddle?
What good is a camera if the flash ruins the times you put your head on my shoulder to sleep?

A camera cannot freeze that little smile that sneaks upon your face when I sing, "My Name is Owen Joseph".
A camera cannot memorize every tiny wrinkle of your palm the way my lips can.

I need something that can hold on to the scent of your hair after a bath,
the feel of your soft, warm cheek first thing in the morning,
and the pure joy in your laugh when you reach for me.

I close my eyes to relive each moment.

What good is a camera that can never see you through its lense,
the way I see you through my eyes?


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

love, mom

No comments: