Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Snow Day #2



Owen, we have spent the last two days snuggling, playing, laughing, and napping :) It is quite different than my maternity leave because you are so much more engaged and playful!!! I am glad we've had this time off because we have been able to sleep off our colds -- they are almost gone!

Monday afternoon I came to pick you up from daycare and you were sitting on Nana's (Kathy) lap. I prepared myself for you to give me a smile but focus back on her, but thats not what happened. Instead, you looked at me and whined for me. When I picked you up off of her lap, she said, "He needs his Mom", and you snuggled in under my chin. You have been doing this a lot lately (see the previous carrot picture) and I love it. I know you love me, I know that no one can ever replace me as your mother, but when you snuggle into me, reach for me, or touch my face - its a statement far more than words could express.

I love that you love me as tenderly as I love you...mom

1 comment:

Jennifer D. said...

You have had SO many snow days already, and I am SO jealous :)