sick. I really wanted to take some 6 month pictures, but you are so sick I don't think it would be fair to dress you up and make you sit in front of a bunch of lights :( I took you to the Dr on Tuesday and found out you had a double ear infection, which would explain the NO SLEEPING and the way you kept shaking your head over and over. The first day on Amoxicillan went fine. You didn't love the taste, by any means, but I got it down quickly. Last night, however, I gave you part of it and you threw up immediately. REAL PUKE. Down my shirt, all over my pants, and on the floor. Try #2 I put the medicine in your squash, this time I was covered puke and squash. Then I try to give you plain squash and you want nothing to do with it. Owen doesnt want food? I better take his temperature. 101.6. Wait an hour. 102.2. I freak out. I spend 5 more phone calls with the doctor's on call nurse answering questions only to be told to give you Tylenol, check your temperature in 45 minutes and try the medicine again in the morning. I cry. Why? Because you don't feel good and I have no idea how to make it better. I tense up just thinking about trying the medicine again. You choke, gage, and stop breathing for a few seconds and my insides feel sick. Dad falls asleep downstairs. We sleep together upstairs. (Readers can keep comments to themselves on this one, please and thank you!) You sleep great. I sleep. (Not that great, but I slept enough to have a dream which hasnt happened in weeks!) We get up in the morning and I pass you to Daddy to get you ready. This process includes the dreaded medicine. I leave the room because my heart just can't stand to see you writhe in pain. A few minutes later you are with daddy, no puke, no tears. A little whine but daddy popped the pacifier in your mouth right away so you started sucking which led to swallowing which led to less gagging and choking. SUCCESS! For now. Nana said you are acting fine and do not feel warm. I hope this over. I just want my Owen back with a smile on his face.
You met Santa before all of this began. You sized him up, pulled on his beard, and never cried. You are so funny! Santa said he could read your mind since you cant tell him what you want for Christmas. I gave Santa a brief list just in case: 2 bottom teeth, 2 healthy ears, and a partridge in a pear tree :)
I cant wait to see you in an hour and have the whole weekend to love you back to health.
love you
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment