We spent the night in our new home Monday night. I had envisioned this HUGE ohmygoshthisisourfirstnightinournewhouse party, but we were exhausted. Tuesday was just as tiring. Last night was better since we actually ate dinner all together at the table for the first time and we had a fun bath (besides Molly biting her tongue as she fell in the tub because ms. independent likes to do her own thing). You realized you could get in and out of the tub by yourself (you are seriously growing so fast - your legs are long and lean) and showed your talent over and over until the floor was totally wet.
You said you didnt want to go to go to daycare because you wanted to stay at the new house. You tell everyone you like your new house. You can't wait to run inside and play. But at night. OH MY. You will not sleep by yourself. You say your room is nice. You said you werent scared. You arent sleeping. In the mornings, you rub your eyes and say you are tired. (After sprinting into our bedroom and yell GOOD MORNING, MOMMY I AWAKE!) I'm sure this is just part of the adjustment but we are all so tired... I can't leave you in your room, and not just because you will get up and follow me, but because I know you are a little freaked out. Things are new. You'll say, "Mommy, listen" and you cup your thick hand to your baby soft ear and look at me with your huge blue eyes. It will be the hum of the heater of the clack the refrigerator but its enough to put you on guard. I know this pass but i just want you to know that this home is full of love. This home is a place where you can be you. This home is where you will find truth and acceptance. Your home is SAFE.
love, mom
P.S You love to make us laugh. Your latest is counting my piggies..."This little piggy got ice cream. This piggy..none. This piggy..CHOCOLATE MILK! hahahahahahHAHAHAHAHahahahaha" and you throw yourself down to emphasize just how funny you are :) You repeat this over and over and Daddy and I LOVE it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment