Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

POTTY TIME!

Today you went pee on the potty! It is a very big deal, you know :) I don't think that you will all of a sudden be doing this all of the time, but its great that you "get it" and I always love a reason to celebrate!!

You are becoming such an independent little boy. You want to ride your bike outside ALL day long and very rarely do you look back to see if I'm following. We go to Gymboree gym and you can play for 10 minutes or so before you come and check on Molly and me. You feed Ruby every day by yourself. You throw things in the trash on your own. You have finally started opening the refrigerator on your own. (This drives me CRAZY, by the way!)

As independent as you are, you still LOVE cuddling with me and wrestling with Daddy. You won't get out of bed until you know what Molly is doing. She is the first person you ask for/about in the morning. (By the way, you call her "Moll Moll" and "Mollybird" and my heart just melts!) You reach for my hand wherever we go. You ALWAYS ask for help, but I encourage you to try it first and then if you still can't do it, I will assist.

You love Elmo. We watch it every day and you know it so well now that you ask me to skip the rest of Sesame Street sop we can just watch Elmo's World. It IS educational though, I'll give you that.

You have started counting everything you see. Most things are 3 and 9 though. Last night I counted to 6 and you did the rest on your own. I videotaped it, of course :) You repeat the alphabet (you don't like "K") but won't say that on your own yet. Its ok, you are only 2! (or you might say 3 or 9! haha)

You are just a beautiful little soul that laughs and loves and brings joy to everyone. I am proud of you for so many things. I'm proud that you are ours!

Daddy promised to write you a long overdue post soon. But I will just tell you that he lights up as soon as he hears you YELL, "Daddy Home!!" You have a special push and pull game that gets you two laughing like crazy. He hugs and kisses you every day and ALWAYS says I love you. He calls you STINKER most of the time and it is so sweet. (I've been calling you Bubba a lot and I'm not sure where that came from".

We love you Owen. Good job on the potty! And as you say, "Wee-no" did well too :)

No comments: