Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Doing Mom?

I bet you say DOING MOM and HEY MOM atleast 100 times a day. I am not exaggerating. I smile every time you say it. HEY MOMs usually come in groups of 5 or 6. DOING MOM is asked in increments of about 20 seconds for 5 minutes. I'm just guessing here but it sounds pretty close. I'm assuming the DOING MOM is the 2 year old phase that links into the WHYs of 3 year olds. Its a great time to be your mom. But you know what? Every moment (yes, every moment) is a great time to be your mom. You should see your face after you go potty. I wish I could bottle up your excited tiny voice yelling MOMMY, MOMMY! Your eyebrows are SO high and your smile is SO wide. You are always pantless and your finger is always pointing to the potty. I don't even give you rewards any more because it seems that my excitement for you is enough. We dance, I throw you in the air, we flush, and we say YAY OWIE! You'll tell daddy and REPEAT :) You even cheer for us when we go potty. Our house is silly :)

You are adding new words to your vocabulary but still tend to say THAT ONE. I tell you the word, ask you to say it, and then hope you'll give it a shot the next time. I'm not worried, I'm just teaching.

We've been to A LOT of places recently. We went to the beach at Millenium Park, we fed chickens and petted goats on Aunt Melissa's farm, and we played all day at Fredrick Meijer Gardens. You loved the CHI-INS and horses (goats) the most but the splash pad at the park was a close second!

We've had an amzing summer and I wish I didnt have to go back to work next week. It makes me sick. Seriously. I will talk about it later.

I love you Owen, you are amazing.

love, mom

No comments: