Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

Sunday, February 20, 2011

20 1/2 months

I love you so much. Everything you do is so funny - even the naughty things!!

I walked in to get you up from your nap and you know what you said? POOOOOP and grabbed your diaper and scrunched your face.

When I change Molly's diaper you walk by us and mutter, "yucky". hahaha

When Molly cries you bring her a pacifier, a blanket, a toy, and if all else fails you point to my breastand ask "MOM?" and then point and point out "MOLLY". Yes, Owen, I get it!

You "wee wee" all the way home every single one of my toes, your toes, and your sister's toes.

Book is pronounce "Buke" (like duke)

Dad is now Da-dee. you laugh and scream Da-dee when he tickles you. it freaking makes my heart burst into a million pieces of little smiles that blow up like confetti...you get the idea. Da-dee says he just MAY tickle you just to hear you say it again. In fact, he agreed to help us with the dishes if you continued to say Da-dee every time you handed him a single bowl to put away. well done!

Dog is doggy. Mom is mommy when you want some lovin'. Mom is still MOM when you demand food.

You usually ask to EEEAT now versus the old "nomnomnom" noise.

You say thank you all the time, and for everything. After each cracker I hand you, after each time i hand you a block, you say thank you for every little thing - i love it.

you massage my back and play with my hair.

Everything has a noise. Even sippy cups because if you hold them out in front of you they can replace a light saber. (Uncle Stephan will love this!!)

You are soaking up so many tiny details of life. You are great at mimicking the things daddy and i do. Fo example, when I am done pumping, I blow the rest of the milk down the tube. I dont know why, really, I just do. A few days ago I was in a hurry and I didnt. As I walked to the counter to set the bottles down you followed me. I turned around to see you looking up at me, excitedly, blowing air out of your mouth and laughing. How could I have forgotten!? haha You alo watch Daddy do his hair and you will run into the bathroom to stand next to him to do your hair too. Daddy used his foot to rock molly's carseat when she was upset, and so did you a few minutes later. You watched daddy wash his hair on the side of the tub when he was in a rush. The next night you tried to do the same thing (a big wet mess).

You are becoming even MORE independent so I try to guide you as much as I can without taking over. It is hard but I DO enjoy watching you figure things out on your own. MINE and ME have become 2 powerful words this last week. In an article I read they explained it with, "Your child needs to claim himself as a separate being from you. Responding 'no' is one way to declare his independence. It's his way of saying I'M NOT YOU, I'M ME". You are becoming your own little person, Owen! It is bittersweet.

love, mom

p.s. you totally rocked swim class this week and laughed the whole time! you waved to strangers watching like they were all there for YOU (i mean, why wouldny they be!?) and you loved the shower afterwards -- so much, in fact, I couldnt get you out. When I walked a few steps away to grab a towel, you stuck your little fat wet body out of the shower and screamed MOM!??? You had this look on your face as if to say ARE YOU CRAZY - THIS SHOWER IS AWESOME AND YOU WANT TO LEAVE!!!??? As cole and tired as I was, your little naked chubbs standing in the shower room and your bewildered, excited, face was just too much and we played some more.

p.s.s. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I sent you to daycare to play and party. I made homemade Vday cards for you. And thank YOU for my tissue paper bouquet and the rock. It is a truly beautiful rock and I know you picked it just for me. xo
xoxoxo

p.p.s. I taught you "I'm Bringing Home a Baby BumbleBee" and "I Love You" (when you point to your eyes, hug yourself, and then point). You crack up when the bee stings me. typical boy ;p

No comments: