Time flies when you are having fun :)
You have changed SO much in the last week. You SPRINT across the house, you start your own games to play, you KNOW when you are doing something funny and will do it over and over and over to get a laugh. You become more OWEN every day.
You hide in the corner of the bath after each wash because you never want to get out...and you think it is hilarious. I do too, except for when my belly is in the way and I have to get down on my knees to lift 29 lbs of you.
You went to Urgent Care AGAIN (#5 in your short lifetime) because you re-gashed your eye and it was so swollen you could barely see out of it.
If it is more than 4 inches tall, you think it is the perfect stand to jump off of - books, long blocks, baskets, the couch, etc (Hence the trips to Urgent Care)
You prefer playing to eating all of a sudden.
You give kisses and hugs on your own when you are happy.
You love reading new books. If you've never seen the book before Daddy or I are sure to read it 4 or 5 times because you keep pleading, MORE? MORE? MORE?
You can totally sucker daddy into anything by smiling or kissing him.
You know a cow says MOO and a sheeps says BAAA.
You are getting REALLY good at saying thank you (even when I ask you to say please, you'll say thank you), "thereyougo" every time I hand you something or you hand me something, and bringing me my socks and shoes/your socks and shoes, or any other object your sister makes it difficult for me to pick up.
You love watching your dad work around the house. As your papa and dad were setting up our new furniture you got right down there with them, on your hands and knees, to "assess the situation".
I love holding hands with you.
I love when you snuggle up against me at night before I put you in your crib. Your knees folded over my belly, your head wiggling into the cave of my neck/shoulder, your arms tucked neatly between our chests - you never let an arm out into the air ;p
Daddy and I have had to resort to letting you "cry it out" at night because you keep waking up for play time at 3 am. It stinks, but after the 2nd night you just whimper and put yourself back to sleep.
You are my love. Even when I am tired and just want to put up my feet and you are getting into everything you shouldn't be and throwing tantrums when I say NO THANKS. Even when you kick your legs as hard as you can while I try to put you on the changing table or in your car seat. Even when you hit me with your bowling pin and make my eyes water. Even when you splash so hard in the tub that I take a bath too. You are a trip. And I am so glad you made me a mommy so I can be on this ride.
love, mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment