Monday, July 30, 2012
MY BFF
There are a lot of reasons why I love you.
I love you because you walk by me while I'm doing something and ask, "You okay, Mom?"
I love you because you say things like -- (Me) Owen I have to go Potty. (you) Why, what's wrong with your butt?
I love you because you say EXCUSE ME MOM when you have something to say (interrupt) during my discussion and if I dont answer you, you grab my face with two hands to make eye contact and yell EXCUSE ME MOM!
I love you because you reinact all parts of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE with me and we twirl and fall and leap and I let you stay up way past your bedtime so I can share in it with you.
I love you because asking for 2 minutes of cuddles at bedtime has now led to you asking for 5 and you hold your hand up in the dark to show me. (I hold up my hand and then make you hold up your hand when we are getting ready to end something. Ex: Owen, 5 more minutes in the pool. Then you make eye contact with me and show me five fingers)
I love you because you love on your sister more than you torture her.
I love you for your sudden fearlessness for the water.
I love you for your BIG smile when you get busted for something and dont want me to be mad.
I love you because when I tell you to not do something (and you know it was a BIG no and I am being reallyyy nice about it) you say, "Ok mom I wont do it again, ok? I won't do it anymore, ok? Sorry, Mom!"
I love you because you quote books like, "Mom, why is there sand in your pocket? because I love sand and sand loves me!"
I love you because you are my oldest and my first.
I love you because play with your action figures and re-play our night time routine. Even when you say you have to pee again and I say you dont because you just went.
I love you because you are kind, you are funny, you are smart, and you are perfect to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment