
I remember sitting at this desk, in front of this computer, counting down the minutes until I could go to the doctor's office and hear your heartbeat. I remember your heel pressing up into my sternum and my skin feeling bruised and achy from you digging that pointy little foot against me.
And now?
And now I am sitting here with you outside of my body - way outside. Like a whole 6 minutes away and I miss you like crazy. You have changed so much AGAIN. You LOVE to be a comedian and as soon as you get ONE laugh you take it to a whole new level. You call for daddy and me to watch every.single.thing. you do. When you repeat something I say and you KNOW its a big word, you say, "MOMMY!_______enter big word here_______" and I tell you that you said it correctly. Then you say, "MOMMY!_______enter big word here_______" and I tell you good job. Next you say,"MOMMY!_______enter big word here_______" and I say yes Owen, I heard you, great job. and finally you "MOMMY!_______enter big word here_______" and I answer yep. Because - really - what left is there to say? Recently you have been putting A LOT of 2 words together. EX: big drink, lets go, doggy woof, mommy dance, etc Daddy told me a few weeks ago he noticed you calling your lovey, "buddy". Now, I think its because you tend to skip your "l" and "V" sounds (though you CAN say them) but I'm interested to see what you end up calling that little piece of comfort. Oh and by the way, I need to wash that thing more often. sick.
You are turning 2 next month. The last 2 years have gone by so quickly. Sometimes I simply watch you walk and I am amazed. Now imagine how I feel when I see you jump from a big box onto the floor, landing on your feet, and turn to look at me with the biggest smile ever. Even though you are growing, there are sweet little boy things that I love. You holding out your hand pretending there's a baby bumblebee (bubbabee), kissing both my cheeks because you are sophisticated like that, rubbing noses, butterfly kisses, grabbing my face with both hands all the while screaming MOMMY in your high little voice and then kissing me over and over again. You are awesome. You are loved. You are mine..okay okay..ours :)
love you


No comments:
Post a Comment