One year ago today I woke up to a sneaking feeling. Without saying anything to your dad, I went into the bathroom and took a pregnancy test. I was supposed to wait a few minutes, but within seconds I saw the 2 beautiful lines that told me that I was going to be a mom, that my life was going to change in ways I didnt think were possible, and that I was going to feel like the luckiest person on earth. Your dad was on his way to go shoot guns with his friend Chris when I stopped him on the stairs and lifted the pregnancy test off of the counter. "I'm pregnant," I said in delight (and healthy anxiousness). Your dad and I jumped around and cried. We were so excited but so scared. Us, parents? What were we thinking?
If we would have known about this

and these eyes

and this smile

and the joy you bring us

there is no way that I could have waited 40 weeks for you. I mean, I knew it would be great - just not THIS great.
Your dad and I took you to church and then to an antique store and then home for lunch and a nap. You make every day the "best day ever".
love, Mom and Dad
LOOK AT YOU NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment